These are a regular care given to solar panel usually by keeping the solar panels clean of dirt or environmental element that can distort panels from absorbing sunlight. Solar panel maintenance is very important. If the panel is obstructed from sunlight, this reduces the amount of sunlight absorbed by the panels that in turn reduces the amount of electricity generated to your home. There are basically two methods of maintenance- Monitoring performance community Q&A and Solar panel cleaning.
This is a system that helps you monitor your solar panels performance. Through this system, you know when the performance is going to require maintenance. And with the Monitoring System you can know everything about your solar panels anytime, anywhere. Since a systems electricity production is directly related to solar panel performance, a monitoring system production will minimize solar panel related issues.
SOLAR PANEL CLEANING.
This involves cleaning the surfaces of your solar panel.
This exercise is done in the following ways
- Have solar panels cleaning kits. These include soap, a brush, a wiper and a long handle brush. Just like washing your car!
- Mix the water with the soap in a container. Follow the specified amount of liquid soap.
- Gently rub the surface of the solar panel with your brush wet with the content of water and soap. Use the handheld brush for smaller solar panels and long handle brush for larger sized solar panels.
- Use a wiper to wipe off the surface. This should be done while the solar panel surface is still wet and should be done properly.
- To avoid damaging your solar panels, contact professional’s to do the job. Please, you can contact us ”AARON’S COMPLETE ELECTRICAL” (ACE) to schedule an appointment.
- Trim off regularly any tree branches that provide shade for the panel surface.
Don’t wash when the panels are hot to avoid the risk of solar panel crack and damage the panels.